UPDATE APRIL 2020
Our compost production is ready for the 2020 season.
Please contact the office either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 613-524-2626 to place your order for the upcoming season. Stock is limited.
Organic Certified Compost
Healthy soil, healthy plant!
In a few months, composting can replenish the soil in a way that might otherwise take years.
Compost is made by the controlled decay of organic materials for use as fertilizer and soil amendment.
We use a unique compost recipe, certifed by EcoCert Canada, that’s rich in nutrients to bring together all the elements required to support your crops. Combined with our high production quality standards, you will have a great fertilizer, soil conditioner, and a natural pesticide.
Why use compost?
Using compost just makes sense. It’s so versatile and provides your soils with the macro & micro-nutrients it needs. Our in-house compost is certified by Ecocert Canada for use in organic production.
CSI and ProCert have also authorized its use.
Here are a few more reasons why you might want to use compost:
- Increases organic matter in the soil – better overall nutrient composition for stronger results.
- Higher yields – studies show that you can improve maximum yield potential by increasing the amount of organic matter in the soil.
- Inorganic fertilizer substitution – compost contains slow release crop-available nutrients, including nitrogen, phosphate, potash, magnesium and sulphur.
- Improves soil structure for better workability and better crop establishment
- Better soil structure and water management – adding compost improves soil structure, which is good for crops (good water infiltration and retention) and also makes it easier to work, saving fuel and time.
- Increases water infiltration and retention.
- Inhibiting pests and diseases – the organic action of compost can help to inhibit pests and diseases within the soil.
- Fuel savings and traffic tolerance – compost improves soil structure, making it easier to work while using less fuel. Improving soil structure will make it more resistant to compaction from traffic and will extend the conditions in which it can be worked.
Our compost is special
Not all compost is the same. Ensuring that your compost is comprised of the right materials so that you are doing the best for your soil at the highest possible standards is essential. We choose the ingredients of our compost with care and use the following:
- Peat Moss
- Spanish River Carbonatite
- Livestock Manure